- My short story, “Opal Under the Sky,” is now available in the Pikes Peak Writers anthology, Journeys Into Possibility, in paperback and Kindle format.
- My short story, “A Sail of Ash,” is now available in paperback in the Baltimore Review 2022 Anthology.
- My short story, “Beauty in Stasis,” a retelling of Sleeping Beauty set in space, is available in paperback in the Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers‘ anthology, Bizarre Bazaar.
- I Drifted in a Hellcat for Research Purposes Only. Honest.“Write what you know,” they say. Well, the protagonist in one of my WIPs (works-in-progress, and yes, plural, because doesn’t everyone work on […]
- How to Write Stories that Bore Your Readers – On the RMFW BlogAre your stories too exciting? Are they keeping your readers up past their bedtimes? Are they causing book clubs to swoon? Well, fear […]
- Aliens, Cows, and Story IdeasA friend recently told a group of us that the county I live in, out here in eastern Colorado, was a hot-spot for […]
- Character Development: Use Poetry to Find a Character’s Voice – On the RMFW BlogIn honor of National Poetry Month (April), I talk about how fiction writers can wade into the murky waters of a writing a […]
- A Book-Lover’s Birthday in New York CityA few weeks ago, a dear friend of mine and I decided the sting of our March birthdays could be made more bearable […]
I’m a Colorado-based freelance/business writer, creative writer, and speaker with an irresistible desire to talk about writing (or travel… don’t get me started). Storytelling is the best way I know to keep reality on a short leash. Whether you’re a reader or a writer (or both), this website is a place where we can share tips, gripes, inspiration, and observations about this writing life. Got a question? Ask! Got a suggestion or comment? Share it! Want more? Sign up for my newsletter. I can’t wait to connect with you.
Join My Email List
If you’d like to hear more about my writing and read a free “Stranger than Fiction” story in every issue, sign up for my newsletter, which is sent out every 3 months or so. No spam, I promise. Just enter your email below and click “Join Now.”
Finish this story: “I thought I knew my coworker really well. But I never pictured them driving that car…”
“We know what we are, but know not what we may be.”
― Hamlet, William Shakespeare
Catch up with Kelley at these great events:
- Speaking: Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers, Query Letter Workshop, Aug 5, 2023. Location TBD.
- Speaking: League of Utah Writers Quills Conference, Aug 10-13, 2023, Salt Lake City, UT
- Speaking: Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers Colorado Gold Writers Conference, Sept 8-10, 2023, Aurora (Denver), CO
To see an interview with me about finding an agent, my writing journey, how to watch a Shakespeare play, and more, visit the Rocky Mountain Fiction Writer’s podcast/YouTube video here: “Kelley JP Lindberg & True Love Never“
Looking for more information about writing? Check out these websites.
Writers whose stories feature women in the WestRocky Mountain Fiction Writers
Monthly events and annual conference in ColoradoPikes Peak Writers
Monthly events and annual conference in ColoradoLighthouse Writers Workshop
Courses and workshops for both adults and youth, based in Colorado
Seasonal events and annual conference in UtahLife, the Universe & Everything
Conference/symposium on SF & Fantasy in UtahRomance Writers of America
National organization with local chaptersScience Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America
National organization with local chaptersMystery Writers of America
National organization with local chapters
International organization with local chaptersSociety of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators
National organization with local chaptersPreditors & Editors
guide to publishers and publishing servicesSociety for Technical Communication
National organization with local chapters for technical writers & communicators