- My short story, “Opal Under the Sky,” is now available in the Pikes Peak Writers anthology, Journeys Into Possibility, in paperback and Kindle format.
- My short story, “A Sail of Ash,” is now available in paperback in the Baltimore Review 2022 Anthology.
- My short story, “Beauty in Stasis,” a retelling of Sleeping Beauty set in space, is available in paperback in the Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers‘ anthology, Bizarre Bazaar.
- Teaching an Old Dog New FrenchEarlier this year, I decided to learn some travel-related French. Or, as we Francophiles like to say, “Arrgghh.” As a youngster, I took […]
- Sidewalk Inspiration – Strolling Library Way in NYCIn New York City, the natural urge is to look up. Up at the towering skyscrapers. Up at the cathedral spires. Up at […]
- So an Author Is Coming to Your Book Club…Many authors love to visit local book clubs, either in person or over Zoom or Skype. They enjoy meeting fellow book lovers and […]
- Break Your Characters Out of Your Writing Ruts – On the RMFW BlogAs a writer, have you fallen into “location” ruts? Do you find your characters in the same settings in scene after scene, like […]
- So You’ve Been Asked to Appear at a Book Club . . .By Laurie Marr Wasmund Please welcome my illustrious guest blogger this month, Laurie Marr Wasmund! It’s what you’ve always dreamed of—a gaggle of […]
I’m a Colorado-based freelance/business writer, creative writer, and speaker with an irresistible desire to talk about writing (or travel… don’t get me started). Storytelling is the best way I know to keep reality on a short leash. Whether you’re a reader or a writer (or both), this website is a place where we can share tips, gripes, inspiration, and observations about this writing life. Got a question? Ask! Got a suggestion or comment? Share it! Want more? Sign up for my newsletter. I can’t wait to connect with you.
Join My Email List
If you’d like to hear more about my writing and read a free “Stranger than Fiction” story in every issue, sign up for my newsletter, which is sent out every 3 months or so. No spam, I promise. Just enter your email below and click “Join Now.”
Your character just won a trip to a country where they don’t speak the language! Write the scene where they arrive and suddenly realize they can’t read any of the signs. Keeping their personality in mind, how does this affect them emotionally?
“The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.”
― Samuel Johnson
Catch up with Kelley at these great events:
- Speaking: Boulder Writers Alliance, Jan 17, 2024, online.
To see an interview with me about finding an agent, my writing journey, how to watch a Shakespeare play, and more, visit the Rocky Mountain Fiction Writer’s podcast/YouTube video here: “Kelley JP Lindberg & True Love Never“
Looking for more information about writing? Check out these websites.
Writers whose stories feature women in the WestRocky Mountain Fiction Writers
Monthly events and annual conference in ColoradoPikes Peak Writers
Monthly events and annual conference in ColoradoLighthouse Writers Workshop
Courses and workshops for both adults and youth, based in Colorado
Seasonal events and annual conference in UtahLife, the Universe & Everything
Conference/symposium on SF & Fantasy in UtahRomance Writers of America
National organization with local chaptersScience Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America
National organization with local chaptersMystery Writers of America
National organization with local chapters
International organization with local chaptersSociety of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators
National organization with local chaptersPreditors & Editors
guide to publishers and publishing servicesSociety for Technical Communication
National organization with local chapters for technical writers & communicators