To see a recent interview with me about finding an agent, my writing journey, how to watch a Shakespeare play, and more, visit the Rocky Mountain Fiction Writer’s podcast/YouTube video here: “Kelley JP Lindberg & True Love Never“
- Writing Exercises—Not Just for New Writers – On the RMFW BlogAs with any artform, in writing there’s always more to learn, new techniques to try, new strategies to tackle. It doesn’t matter how […]
- 10 Easy Ways to Sabotage Your Writing CareerIs your writing going way too well? Confidence high? Productivity off the charts? Well, I’m here to help. Here are 10 easy steps […]
- The “Inner Editor” Debate: To Write Fast or Edit as You Go? – On the RMFW BlogYou’ve heard the advice to “turn off your inner editor” as you get your first draft down on paper. That’s great advice. But […]
- Fire Up Your Writing Energy – Bar SceneWriting can go through seasons—some seasons are hot and fast, filled with fireworks, while others are cold and sluggish, like a Sunday morning […]
- Writing & Music – A Beautiful Relationship – On the RMFW BlogHave you ever really thought about how music can affect your creativity, the stories you tell, or even the characters in your stories? […]
I’m a Colorado-based freelance/business writer, creative writer, and speaker with an irresistible desire to talk about writing (or travel… don’t get me started). Story-telling is the best way I know to keep reality on a short leash. Whether you’re a reader or a writer (or both), this website is a place where we can share tips, gripes, inspiration, and observations about this writing life. Got a question? Ask! Got a suggestion or comment? Share it! Want more? Sign up for my newsletter. I can’t wait to connect with you.
Join My Email List
If you’d like to hear more about me, writing, books, and maybe even how real life is sometimes stranger than fiction, sign up for my newsletter, which is sent out every other month or so. No spam, I promise. Type in your email address, then click “Join Now!”
Explore your protagonists’ personality by writing a scene where they try a new form of exercise they’re not familiar with. Are they awkward? Do they nail it? Do they fall on their face? Run from the gym crying? Sign up for the next class? Love it so much they immediately buy tons of expensive gear?
“Don’t loaf and invite inspiration; light out after it with a club, and if you don’t get it you will nonetheless get something that looks remarkably like it.”
― Jack London
Catch up with Kelley at these great events:
- Speaking: Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers Conference, Sep 9 – 11, 2022, Aurora/Denver, CO.
Looking for more information about writing? Check out these websites.
Writers whose stories feature women in the WestRocky Mountain Fiction Writers
Monthly events and annual conference in ColoradoPikes Peak Writers
Monthly events and annual conference in ColoradoLighthouse Writers Workshop
Courses and workshops for both adults and youth, based in Colorado
Seasonal events and annual conference in UtahLife, the Universe & Everything
Conference/symposium on SF & Fantasy in UtahRomance Writers of America
National organization with local chaptersScience Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America
National organization with local chaptersMystery Writers of America
National organization with local chapters
International organization with local chaptersSociety of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators
National organization with local chaptersPreditors & Editors
guide to publishers and publishing servicesSociety for Technical Communication
National organization with local chapters for technical writers & communicators