It’s out! The Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers‘ latest anthology of short stories, Bizarre Bazarre is available now! It includes my short story “Beauty in Stasis,” a retelling of Sleeping Beauty set in space.
To see a recent interview with me about finding an agent, my writing journey, how to watch a Shakespeare play, and more, visit the Rocky Mountain Fiction Writer’s podcast/YouTube video here: “Kelley JP Lindberg & True Love Never“
- Interviewing Real People Can Enhance Your Fiction – On the RMFW BlogCan your fiction benefit from the real-world experience of someone who’s experienced, learned, or is passionate about something in your scenes? If so, […]
- Can We Stop Using Writing as Punishment in Schools?For as long as there have been teachers, kids, and writing implements, writing has been used to punish unruly students. Whether it was […]
- How to Write Weather into Your Scenes – On the RMFW BlogTalking about the weather is so mundane. Writing weather into your stories shouldn’t be. Make weather work hard for you in your fiction! […]
- When Storms and Direful Thunders BreakLighting, of course, is an essential part of any stage performance. Usually, the lighting is planned and provided by the play’s director and […]
- Character-Building: What Does Freedom Mean to Your Protagonist? – On the RMFW BlogWhen you’re creating a character in your story, it’s important to make them as well-rounded and three-dimensional as possible. You must know their […]
I’m a Colorado-based freelance/business writer, creative writer, and speaker with an irresistible desire to talk about writing (or travel… don’t get me started). Story-telling is the best way I know to keep reality on a short leash. Whether you’re a reader or a writer (or both), this website is a place where we can share tips, gripes, inspiration, and observations about this writing life. Got a question? Ask! Got a suggestion or comment? Share it! Want more? Sign up for my newsletter. I can’t wait to connect with you.
Join My Email List
If you’d like to hear more about my writing and read a free “Stranger than Fiction” story in every issue, sign up for my newsletter, which is sent out every 3 months or so. No spam, I promise. Just enter your email below and click “Join Now.”
Are there places in the story you’re writing where you wish you could talk to someone about their real-life experience to make your scene more realistic, accurate, or impactful? Make a list of people who might be able to help (doctor, cop, Uber driver, psychologist, etc.). Then consider finding one and interviewing them.
“My brain hums with scraps of poetry and madness.”
― Virginia Woolf, Selected Letters
Catch up with Kelley at these great events:
Looking for more information about writing? Check out these websites.
Writers whose stories feature women in the WestRocky Mountain Fiction Writers
Monthly events and annual conference in ColoradoPikes Peak Writers
Monthly events and annual conference in ColoradoLighthouse Writers Workshop
Courses and workshops for both adults and youth, based in Colorado
Seasonal events and annual conference in UtahLife, the Universe & Everything
Conference/symposium on SF & Fantasy in UtahRomance Writers of America
National organization with local chaptersScience Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America
National organization with local chaptersMystery Writers of America
National organization with local chapters
International organization with local chaptersSociety of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators
National organization with local chaptersPreditors & Editors
guide to publishers and publishing servicesSociety for Technical Communication
National organization with local chapters for technical writers & communicators