- My short story, “Opal Under the Sky,” is now available in the Pikes Peak Writers anthology, Journeys Into Possibility, in paperback and Kindle format.
- My short story, “A Sail of Ash,” is now available in paperback in the Baltimore Review 2022 Anthology.
- My short story, “Beauty in Stasis,” a retelling of Sleeping Beauty set in space, is available in paperback in the Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers‘ anthology, Bizarre Bazaar.
- A Book-Lover’s Birthday in New York CityA few weeks ago, a dear friend of mine and I decided the sting of our March birthdays could be made more bearable […]
- Ten Things Writers Never Want to HearMy admin can type really fast, so we don’t need to hire a writer. I have a great idea for a book based […]
- Why You Should Use Indents Instead of Tabs in Your Manuscript—On the RMFW BlogIf you’re using Tabs in your novel, short story, or nonfiction manuscript, your typesetter may not like you very much. It’s important to […]
- Touching Down in a Foreign Land (Flamingo International Airport, Bonaire)To step onto land unfamiliar is to invoke a kind of magic. It’s a magic of expansion—of the mind, of the spirit, of […]
- How to Trim Those Filter Words from Your Writing – On the RMFW Blog“Filter words” are sneaky words and phrases that drain the energy from your sentences, dull the tension in your scenes, and slow down […]
I’m a Colorado-based freelance/business writer, creative writer, and speaker with an irresistible desire to talk about writing (or travel… don’t get me started). Storytelling is the best way I know to keep reality on a short leash. Whether you’re a reader or a writer (or both), this website is a place where we can share tips, gripes, inspiration, and observations about this writing life. Got a question? Ask! Got a suggestion or comment? Share it! Want more? Sign up for my newsletter. I can’t wait to connect with you.
Join My Email List
If you’d like to hear more about my writing and read a free “Stranger than Fiction” story in every issue, sign up for my newsletter, which is sent out every 3 months or so. No spam, I promise. Just enter your email below and click “Join Now.”
Look up the literary history of your town or city (famous authors who lived there, books or movies set in that location, beautiful libraries, historic bookstores, etc.). Map out your own literary tour, grab a book-loving friend, and make a day or weekend of it! Then channel the energy you feel into an essay, blog post, or story.
“My library was dukedom large enough.”
― William Shakespeare, The Tempest
Catch up with Kelley at these great events:
- Speaking: League of Utah Writers Spring Pre-Quill Conference (online), April 29, 2023
To see an interview with me about finding an agent, my writing journey, how to watch a Shakespeare play, and more, visit the Rocky Mountain Fiction Writer’s podcast/YouTube video here: “Kelley JP Lindberg & True Love Never“
Looking for more information about writing? Check out these websites.
Writers whose stories feature women in the WestRocky Mountain Fiction Writers
Monthly events and annual conference in ColoradoPikes Peak Writers
Monthly events and annual conference in ColoradoLighthouse Writers Workshop
Courses and workshops for both adults and youth, based in Colorado
Seasonal events and annual conference in UtahLife, the Universe & Everything
Conference/symposium on SF & Fantasy in UtahRomance Writers of America
National organization with local chaptersScience Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America
National organization with local chaptersMystery Writers of America
National organization with local chapters
International organization with local chaptersSociety of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators
National organization with local chaptersPreditors & Editors
guide to publishers and publishing servicesSociety for Technical Communication
National organization with local chapters for technical writers & communicators